Welcome Message

☀Sunlit Sunday: Season 3, Week 7

0

| In :


I need to walk more; today, a good long morning stroll with a friend was very enjoyable. A few days ago, I bundled up, put some grippers on the soles of my boots and headed to the lake for a bit of a ramble and a breath or two of fresh, cold air.



If the sun just happened to be shining, so much the better for taking a few Sunlit Sunday pictures.




There weren't many people around, just some parked cars with those inside looking out on the chilly day as well as several workers clearing up the branches and tree limbs that has fallen during the December ice storm Without a wind, the crisp day was beautiful and bright.



On another sunny note, a big, brown envelope came in the mail , courtesy of Carol from Art and Sand. Carol enjoys creating things and decorates her charming home with vibrant colours; her blue shutters, colourful garden and painted furniture speak to me, as does her husband's artwork that hangs on their walls.

Hearts are throughout Carol's home. When commenting on her post, Home is Where the Heart Is, I mentioned the lovely heart/floral garland that was only partially visible. Soon afterwards, I received an email from Carol saying she had made it with the intention of giving it away and wanted to send it to me. What a surprise! It arrived on Valentine's Day.




Look at the details on each heart. The garland came with the two tiniest clothespins I've ever seen.



I can imagine it hanging in a few different locations, but opted to put the garland in the guest room. The room also houses my laptop and the sewing machine I intend to use more regularly; this string of prettiness can act as some "hearty" inspiration to do so. Thank you, Carol. 


Finally, another bright spot in the week was the arrival of this foster girl, Claire. I'll share some more photos and a little of her story in a day or two, when you'll be able to see her lovely face.

Let's move along to your posts.

Share this :

  • Stumble upon
  • twitter