Welcome Message

Learning Something New

0





Time has been flying by lately. I had great plans to get household tasks done and try my hand at some "creative pursuits", but other things have popped up instead. (Snow shoveling and more car repairs this week figured prominently.)

Other things were more fun. For example, way back when I may have mentioned that I was looking for some interesting volunteer opportunities. One that arose has me spending an enjoyable afternoon each week in a public school library. I have always loved libraries!


In the category of teaching an old dog new tricks, I found myself figuring out a bit about car maintenance yesterday. A kind employee pushing carts in a parking lot checked all my lights for me as I flicked each one and off. He explained that the rapid clicking noise I'd heard when flicking on a turning light meant that the non-working one was burnt out and not indicative of any larger problem. Relief.

I bought the bulb I needed. Reading a recipe and reading instructions in a car manual had to be similar, right? I admit that the manual was supplemented with an online video. Fifty-odd years on the planet and only now do I know how to replace a bulb!

My sweater-that-never-got finished in looking at me, so that's on the agenda this weekend, as well as rustling up a post for Sunlit Sunday. All the pieces have been knitted, but it needs sewing together; my skills in that department could use a bit of practice. I think I may be better at replacing car lights!

 Are there any new tasks you've tackled lately? 

Share this :

  • Stumble upon
  • twitter