| In :
shortbread
They say, "It's the thought that counts."
I'm off to a friend's later this morning, with a pretty ornament for her tree, and had planned to take some fresh shortbread to her.
Alas, plans change.
This is the beast.
The hand mixer that decided to growl,
to spin on one side only,
to clatter
and roar
in its feeble, failing, fruitless attempt to move both attachments in unison.
So, the flour (wheat and rice) has been put in containers, as has the butter and fruit sugar.
It's off for lunch I go,
one hand empty,
with plans to shop for a hand mixer tomorrow.
If you have a favourite workhorse you could recommend, please let me know.
I've read gorgeous posts about holiday planning, where things seemingly go off without a hitch.
Mine is a minor one.
I'm smiling, a good friend awaits, and the hand mixer didn't give up the ghost on Christmas day!
Warm Wishes!
-Karen






0