Welcome Message

Mowing and More

0

| In : , , ,


It was a sun-shiny day and time to start "keeping up with the Joneses". The occasional neighbourhood lawn mower had roared into action lately and I thought I had better dust off my beast and mow the dandelions (and some grass) for the first time this season.



With an electric mower one gets to dance over, under, and around the incredibly long extension cord. I hope the neighbours enjoyed this display of my middle-aged dexterity. There's nothing that adds a little thrill to mowing like the threat of a power surge through your body if you run over the cord.





I did indulge in a little interlude of browsing between tackling the front yard and the back. It makes me very happy to see that the peonies are coming along. I particularly like this one; it stands upright without a ring or cage of any kind, even when the richly coloured, heavy blossoms cover it. Come back in June and you can see them. 




This butterfly and some friends were flitting around here and there.



Not all were this cooperative!

It felt great to get some fresh air today,  weed the flower beds out front and mull over the easiest way to get rid of a multiplying multitude of dandelions in the lawn. Still working on that last one, so if you have any environmentally friendly tips, please let me know.

Happy Spring!

Share this :

  • Stumble upon
  • twitter