Welcome Message

House Hunting and My Garden

0



It dawned on me that it had been over a week since I made a blog post. Most of my computer time has been spent looking at a variety of sites featuring homes for sale in my city.
Most warranted only a quick look online, 
several deserved a drive-by, 
two led to a tour, 
one of the latter even got a second visit, 
but "the house" is still to be found.  
The Hunt continues.

After a "drive-by" of three houses this morning, it was back to mine where things are blooming, like the pink bleeding heart, an old favourite of mine.



This I planted last year, having bought it at a garden club plant sale, and it has taken off with great enthusiasm. What came in a small pot is now several feet wide and a couple tall. If only I could recall its name! I need to do a bit of research to identify it, unless you happen to know...

The buds are red, then open up into tiny white blossoms with a pale blue base. It seems like a bit of magic to me.


Over by the fence, I get the pleasure of seeing my neighbour's white lilacs. I can't describe how wonderful the scent is as it wafts over my back garden. I'd like to say I linger and lounge under its spell, dressed in a floral print dress with a lovely straw hat and glass of something refreshing...

I'd like to, but my outfit du jour was an old, deep lavender t-shirt and an even more ancient pair of blue jeans. Accessorizing the ensemble was a red plastic bucket; I was ready to scoop into the wheelbarrow, one load at a time, some of the 3 cubic yards of cedar mulch that was delivered today. Scoop, repeat. Repeat. Keep repeating tomorrow.

 I am so glad mulch is lightweight!



I had company while I worked. Plenty of winged friends...




Some with feathers...



Some without.

It was a glorious day to be outside. How did you spend yours?

Share this :

  • Stumble upon
  • twitter