Welcome Message

One Quick Photo (or two)

0

My plan was to tidy-up the garden bed that is sandwiched between the back of the house and the patio. Funny how one thing leads to another, in this case pruning some bushes and cutting back the New Dawn rose on my arbour; it was threatening to take over and prevent access to the backyard.
  
I kid you not. Its summer blooms of the softest, sweet-smelling pink are in direct contrast to its thorny willingness to thrive and propensity to send canes hither, yon and everywhere in between. I love it.

 
Last Summer

Out front, my purple sandcherry (pictured at the top of this post) is not too happy. I had to cut it back, way back, last year and it looks rather pathetic. I'm trying to decide whether to keep it or say au revoir. As the old song goes, "Breaking up is hard to do."  Any opinions?



Share this :

  • Stumble upon
  • twitter