Welcome Message

The Butterfly that Fluttered By...

0

I blame it on the butterfly. 

I went outside to tackle a purple sandcherry root. The shrub had been cut down to ground level, courtesy of my brother. Brothers are handy; everyone should have a couple floating around.

I dug, dug some more, and thought about continuing to dig. 

Long story short, the root remains, may it rot in peace, and a lilac is planted in its stead. Said lilac has been lingering in a pot since I won it in a draw. Awhile ago. June. I know...

I think the lilac will acclimatize and be beautiful, as was the aforementioned butterfly.
   

You remember, the one that distracted me from tasks more labour intensive than pointing a camera in the general direction of orange wings.

 

Look at this level of cooperation from the model. 

Clearly, I was meant to take photos this morning, not pick up a shovel followed by an axe to wield at uncooperative roots. Mustn't frighten the neighbours, after all.




Instead, I followed the butterfly, who clearly has as much appreciation for coneflowers as I do.


Tell me, wouldn't you have put down the garden tools and picked up a camera?
Be truthful.


I thought so.

I'm pleased to be linking with the Cottage Garden Party at Fishtail Cottage. Perhaps you'd like to join in as well.

Share this :

  • Stumble upon
  • twitter