Welcome Message

Moving (Maybe)

0


For quite a few years, I've been thinking about moving and nattering about it to family and friends. Nattering, but not taking any steps towards making a move happen. I bought my little post-war house thinking it had a certain charm, rather like this birdhouse in my yard. My home's angles are a bit wonky, the old wooden floors creak (in a friendly way, I'd say), and the plaster walls have a bit of a wave to them, but this home has served me well. Better, once the windows were replaced and and the small kitchen was revamped!

It's been almost 20 years since I moved here. I still remember the first night. My friends had helped me move; my brother drove the small rental truck and my sister-in-law provided the strawberry pies to fortify all of us. When everyone left, I curled up on the sofa in a fetal position (things were piled on the bed) and wondered why I had left my apartment!





I may have skipped from my province to a western one and back again (twice), but those decisions to go where the jobs were seemed easier than deciding to actively search for a new house in the same city. I guess I find a fair degree of comfort in the familiar.

However, it's time for a new home. That is, providing I find just the right one. I've been scurrying about, looking at neighbourhoods, trying to sort out just what I would like for the next indeterminate chunk of time. Maybe one person doesn't really need a lot of space, but I'm looking for more than my current 1000 square feet and a bit of a view. Not the acres that some of you may have, just a lot where I can plant some tulips, peonies, roses, the occasional tomato and see something worth looking at beyond the property line.


I'll do some more dashing about next week, looking for my next nest.
 The search continues.
Don't hold your breath!

Thoughts on moving? I'd love to hear them.

Share this :

  • Stumble upon
  • twitter