Welcome Message

☀ Sunlit Sunday (#14): Spring in the Garden

0


Yesterday's post was about how I've started to house-hunt
Given that, I had better make a special point of enjoying my garden this spring.
(And catching the weeds early.)

While in a grocery store this morning,  I had a brief chat with a woman who was admiring the hyacinths. She picked up a pot for me to sniff and told me about the big purple blooms in her own garden.




This is a sight that makes me happy.
The shoot of a peony!
I imagine I'm not the only one whose affection for a particular plant is grounded in childhood memories.



The leaves may not look like much now, but tulips are another favourite, particularly when they dance in the breeze. This fondness may well relate to my youth in Ottawa and the magnificent Tulip Festival held every year.



Finally, the biggest blast of colour, right now, is the forsythia bush at the front of my home. It has a definite golden glow that suits my sunny mood.

Best Wishes to you on the occasions of Easter, Passover and Spring.


Share this :

  • Stumble upon
  • twitter