Welcome Message

Hollyhocks

0

| In :


I really must get on with hunting for a new camera, then I could show you how pretty I find the opening hollyhock buds.


When I was a little girl, my mother had hollyhocks growing against the wall of our home, just as they grew in the walled gardens of monasteries centuries ago.
 


I planted a few last year and waited until this one for the plants to bloom. 

All is not beauteous in the garden, as something is making holes in the leaves. 

There's a little research project for me, unless you might have an idea and a remedy.



Meanwhile, I'll choose to focus on the pink and red blooms.

 For those on Facebook:    
On "Feature Your Photo: Friday on Facebook" you are invited to post one original photo (and your blog link) on My Little Home and Garden's Facebook page.    
 Everyone is welcome.

I'm linking with the "Cottage Garden Party" at Fishtail Cottage.


Share this :

  • Stumble upon
  • twitter